Client Safety Expectations
The safety of Aktiv’s clients is top priority. The following are the recommended guidelines to keep you, other clients and your practitioner Kathleen healthy and virus free.
Please read these steps carefully. If any of the procedures are not followed, it can result in the loss of your appointment.
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, please do not book an appointment until you have passed the 14 day mark after your return.
- If you are experiencing any flu-like/cold symptoms, please cancel your appointment and wait 14 days before rescheduling. These symptoms include (but are not limited to): fever, tiredness, dry cough, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, or general aches and pains. If you cancel your appointment for any of the reasons mentioned, you will not be charged any cancellation fees.
- If you are immunocompromised, try to book the first appointment of the day. This will allow a large window since the last patient, adding another level of safety.
- Prior to your appointment, you will be asked questions regarding travel and symptoms to pre-screen for Covid-19.
- Come to the appointment alone, unless this is not an option (extra people increase the chance of spreading the virus). Please remain in your vehicle until 5 min prior to appointment, no earlier or later as proper protocols need to be followed. The waiting room is a shared space with neighbouring practices.
- Please adhere to physical distancing and sanitization protocols. The washroom is off the waiting room and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Wear a clean mask at all times while in the building. Patients are encouraged to bring their own masks as supplies are scarce, but masks will be provided to you if you do not bring your own.
Practitioner Safety Practices
Practitioners are required to be completely free of any symptoms.
These are the steps Kathleen will be practicing before, during and after your appointment.
- I will always be wearing a new mask and new disposable gloves.
- I will be spacing out appointments to allow for the necessary time to provide additional disinfection and cleaning of all shared surfaces and table.
Practitioners have the right to refuse a client should they be exhibiting any of the signs of the Covid-19 virus.